Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Weight Loss & Food Diary Update


I cannot seem to find a term for what I'm doing. I don't like to call it a diet because it's too short term. And lifestyle change is far too hipster for my liking. Alas, I am still doing 'it' and have been for about a week and a bit now. When I begrudgingly stood up on the scales this morning, bollix naked and shaking with the cold (Global Warming my hole.) I was absolutely terrified that rather than losing any weight, I had gained it. Alas, I had actually lost 3.5 lbs! Praise Jehovah and all of his Witnesses. 
This post is going to be basically a food diary of what I have been eating. I haven't started exercising as such yet, besides the two walks I've been on with my dog, as I want to be immersed in the eating before I start weaning myself into strenuous movement. (I am the laziest person you'll ever meet). 

Rather than going into detail on every meal featured, I am just going to give a brief description of how I've been eating healthier. Anyone who knows me knows I am OBSESSED with cheese. So if you see it featured and are thinking 'oh that’s not healthy', well fuck you. I love cheese and we will not be separated. 

Here are some of the ways I am replacing 'bad' foods with 'healthy' alternatives:
Mayonnaise = Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream or Avocado
Potatoes = Roasted Turnip
Chocolate/Sweets = Trail Mix (available in Dunnes, basically just nuts & dried fruit)
Sauces (Ketchup/BBQ etc) = Herbs & Spices, Tabasco, Mustard.

Any questions, feel free to cur ceist orm.

CYA

Goodnight, Irene


Tuna, Poached Egg, Spinach, Olives, Peppers, Creme Fraiche & Tabasco Salad:

 Steak, Mushrooms & Onions. Roasted veg (honey, soy sauce, rapeseed oil, garlic granules, tabasco)
 2 egg yolk & 1 egg white omelette. Spinach, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, turkey, olives & 1/2 avocado
 'Power Salad' from Arabica with added chicken. 
 Steak, roasted veg (same as above). Sauce = Creme Fraiche & mustard combined.
 Omelette = same as above but with chicken. 
 Cully & Sully Vegetable soup (not the best i know but I was sick of chicken & veg) Can of Tuna mixed with mayo, beetroot, olives & half cheese slice)
 Green smoothie. I actually used 2 oranges instead of 2 apples. I also used 1/2 a pint of water, table spoon of yoghurt & 2 tablespoons of the 'Seeds for Cereal' pack in the pic. Oh and about a handful of spinach. If you're nervous about trying this it just tastes like fruit, the spinach has its benefits but you can't taste it!
 Pesto Chicken: As you can see you just bate the shite out the chicken (imagine it's someone you dislike :) ) then fill it with a combo of sour cream, pesto and some cheese. Bake in tin foil in the oven for about 40 mins. (SO NICE)



2 comments: