Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Food diary and weightloss updates

 This week was quite testing as I had to go back up to Dublin to do an exam (which was horrific if any of you were wondering) and stayed up to go out to my usual haunt, Coppers. It started off okay and I even chose an orange as a snack rather than the usual biscuits/chocolate/caramel sundae/Big Mac etc. I had porridge before my exam and soup after. Then I became comatose and when I woke I was unable to even process the thought of conjuring up something healthy or even unhealthy myself. Therefore Fagan’s (Bertie Aherns local if you ever wanted to egg him), provided the food for the night. I didn't take photos, probably because I was ashamed at myself for giving in so easily but by JESUS was it delicious. I justified it as being a post exam reward and I regret nothing. 

So after getting absolutely capsized in Coppers we returned home to Galway the next morning, with Joyce being our chauffeur. Now the lovely Joyce actually failed to inform us that we would have to wait with her whilst her car got the oul NCT test (much to my distaste as I was actually wearing Piglet fluffy pyjamas) and I had the joyful experience of doing a strip show for everyone on the motorway as I tried to change into regular clothes before we got to Galway.

QUICK SIDENOTE: If someone offered you a lift home from Dublin to Galway, would you assume that they would be bringing you straight home and not ask questions like: "Oh will we be accompanying you to the NCT test?" or "Will we be making a stop in Bangladesh?". I feel as though I was justified in having a shit attack when Joyce decided to tell me that we had to wait and never told me not to wear my pyjamas on the way home.

ANYWAYS. Things only got bloody worse on the food front due to this unforeseen stress of getting up at 7 AM and travelling to Galway still pissed drunk. We were absolutely STARVED when we got into the city and were facing at least an hour’s wait for the blessed test to be complete. Therefore the only option open to us was Centra, where I purchased and inhaled none other than a calorie free (ahem) breakfast roll. Now you can also imagine why I didn’t take a photo of this.

Despite these two pitfalls I gathered myself back together and made a better attempt for the rest of the week. Can I just say, watching your brothers INHALE bread, pasta, pancakes etc and not put on a pound is HIGHLY distressing. 

One of the photos below features the oils, spices and sauces I've been using. These are just a few, but are definitely my favourites: 

Rapeseed oil (chilli and regular, it’s one of the better oils for cooking with).
Char grilled Chicken Seasoning
Extra Spicy Cajun Seasoning 
Spicy Season All (my fave)
Cumin (it's the base of a lot of curry sauces)
Tabasco (I'M ADDICTED)
Soy Sauce
Vegetable Stock Pots

It was my friend Sinead's birthday on Saturday and she is an absolute genius when it comes to making food that suits different dietary requirements (gluten free, dairy free etc). She made a chocolate cake that was literally EVERYTHING free and these little heart chocolates that had blended dates as a substitute for caramel (really really good!) My favourite part was the hummus she made which was blended chickpeas, sundried tomatoes and chilli powder. DIVINE and suited to my dietary requirements (i.e. skinny)

So overall it was pretty good. I'm of the opinion that it's simply ridiculous to live your life eating completely 'clean' and not have the craic and eat a dirty burger every now and again. Have some shredded duck instead of shredded abs :)

And don't be a bollox X

Goodnight Irene

BTW I LOST 2 POUNDS 





Beef stew
2 Poached eggs & beans 


Veg choopped up which I made into soup which in turn was VIOLENT (FAIL)
Healthy food layout (and vodka, my true love) at Sineads 
Close up of prawn omelette 
Spices and oils I commonly use (description above) 
Slender Slim noodles. Despite my captions I actually did end up liking them. 
 Brunch: avocado, poached egg, smoked salmon, olives & left over veg & noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment