Friday, January 10, 2014

Lord, if you won't make me skinny will you please make my friends fat!?


This is a pretty heavy photo blog post, so apologies in advance. However, if you are anything like me and enjoy looking at photos of food then you'll enjoy this one. 

I'm not quick to use the word diet, probably because when I do so at home my brothers start roaring laughing saying I'm on another "two day diet". They're not far off though, I've been on more diets than I can even count and they're either moderately successful or not at all. One thing is for sure, regardless of what weight I lose I always seem to put it back on. After having a minor nervous breakdown around Christmas, when I could barely squeeze into a pair of jeans my mom bought me, I decided that this time was really going to be the time I'd finally lose the spare tire. I had ballooned since moving up to Dublin. The portion sizes were mahoosive, the drinking was worse than usual (and by jaysis is that saying something) and the trips to GODAMN McDonalds and the chinese were becoming far too bloody frequent. Something had to give, and it was going to be the extra 2 stone I am carrying around.

Unless, by some divine intervention, I actually managed to lose this weight, then you'll not see sight nor light of the before photos I took. (I could be mistaken for a whale that was washed up in the recent floods in Salthill). Nor will ye be informed what I weigh currently. BUT if I do reach my goal and lose two stone then I shall open up my fragile soul to you all and you can LOL at the absolute state of me now. 

A friend of mine told me how she had lost weight by giving up carbs. Now I'd normally be the first one to call bullshit on cutting out an entire food group from your diet but I am so desperate to kick start this weight loss that I'd nearly live off lettuce to get me going. I thought it would be next to impossible to do this but honestly it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Here are some facts: 1) I haven't yet even completed a week on this so hence the positive outlook here and 2) I fear that my efforts will go to shit when I move back to Dublin at the end of the month. 

Until then however here are some photos of some of the things I've eaten so far:

Will someone please have a Novena said for me that I won't fall off the bandwagon up in Dublin? Sound. 

Goodnight, Irene

(P.S. If ye wan't the deets on any of these recipes leave a comment X)














No comments:

Post a Comment